What is Radicate spot on?
Radicate spot on is a Topical parasiticide for cats only, for eradication of ecto-parasites. Radicate spot on used to Prevent and controls ticks, Fleas, biting lice and Mange infestations as well as Heartworm disease.
Selamectin is a broad-spectrum avermectin endectocide that is safe for use in cats starting at six weeks of age, including heartworm-infected cats and cats of reproducing age, when administered topically to the skin monthly at the recommended dosage to deliver at least 6mg kg.
- Treatment and prevention of flea infestations caused by Ctenocephalides spp.
- Treatment of ear mites (Otodectes cynotis).
- Treatment of biting lice infestations (Trichodectes canis in Dogs and Felicola subrostratus)
- Treatment of sarcoptic mange (caused by Sarcoptes scabiei)
- Treatment of adult intestinal roundworms (Toxocara canis in dogs and Toxocara cati in Cats).
- Prevention of heartworm disease caused by Dirofilaria immitis with monthly administration.
How it Works:
Selamectin works by penetrating the skin and entering pet’s bloodstream. Selamectin paralyses and/or kills a wide range of invertebrate parasites through interference with their chloride channel conductance causing disruption of normal neurotransmission. This inhibits the electrical activity of nerve cells in nematodes and muscle cells in arthropods leading to their paralysis and/or death.
In the event of overdose: Contact your veterinarian or veterinary emergency room.
What are the side effects:
On rare occasions, its application may produce a local temporary clumping of the hair at the application site and/or an occasional appearance of a small quantity of a white powder. This is normal and will disappear typically within 24 hours of treatment administration and does not affect either the safety or efficacy of the veterinary medicinal product.
Do not use in animals under 6 weeks of age. Hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients.
Directions for use:
Apply to the skin at the base of the neck in front of the shoulder blades.
- Remove the tube from its packaging.
- Holding the tube upright, firmly depress the cap to puncture the applicator seal and then remove the cap.
- Part the hair at the base of the dog’s neck in front of the shoulder blades to expose a small area of skin .Apply the tip of the tube directly to the skin without massaging. Squeeze the tube firmly to empty the contents in one spot.Avoid contact between the product and your fingers.
For Cats : The product should be administered as a single application of a single dose delivering a minimum of 6 mg/kg Selamectin once in a month for Cats over 8 weeks of age.
Administer in accordance with the following table:
For Cats : 0.75 ml spot on 0.75ml (1 Tube Only)
Each ml contains:
Selamectin BP 6% w/v
0.75 ml x 6 Pipettes in one Box. (6 Month Supply for Cats)