Veterinary specific 3rd Generation NSAID
Firotail from Vivaldis is a NSAID or painkiller for dogs & puppies. Instead of carprofen, it contains firocoxib – a 3rd generation NSAID that is 350-430 Fold More Selective for COX2 than COX1. Has a much higher efficacy and higher safety margin to protect the Liver and Kidneys. Helps control pain, fever and inflammation.
- 350-430-fold more selective for COX2 than COX1
- Smart Tab breaks in four parts with a snap.
- FDA Approved
Control of pain & inflammation:
Chewable Tablets are indicated for the control of pain and inflammation associated with osteoarthritis in dogs and for the control of postoperative pain and inflammation associated with soft-tissue and orthopaedic surgery in dogs.
Proven Efficacy Veterinarians and Pet Owners Notice
- In a study, 96% of pet owners said they saw improvement after 30 days and veterinarians saw improvement in 93% of their canine osteoarthritis patients.
- Detected in plasma within 30 minutes with peak plasma levels reached as early as 90 minutes.
- No loading dose required.
- Once-daily dosing regardless of indication (5 mg/kg)
- Only two tablet sizes
- Scored tablet for convenient, effective dosing.
- Designed to maximize compliance with simple, effective dosing.
- BBQ-flavoured chewable tablet dogs like.
- Can be given with or without food.
- Follow the instructions of your Veterinarian.
The recommended dosage of Firotail for oral administration is 2.27 mg/lb (5.0 mg/kg) once daily, regardless of the indication and can be given with or without food. Firotail is available in two BBQ-flavoured chewable tablet sizes dogs like.
Safe When Used as Recommended
Approved for long term use.
Comparable Adverse Events (AEs) in 30-day OA field studies vs active NSAID control.
Approved Safe for Surgical Use
In a soft-tissue surgery study, 94% of dogs treated with PREVICOX needed no rescue versus 76% of placebo dose control.
In an orthopaedic surgery study, 90% of dogs treated with PREVICOX needed no rescue versus 62% of placebo dose control.
Eliminates the need for washout period.
When used peri- and postoperatively, you eliminate the need for a wash-out period from the perioperative NSAID and the NSAID you send home with your patient.
Allows the pet to have continuous pain and inflammation control throughout and after surgery and gives pet owners peace of mind knowing their dog will not go without pain medication following surgery.
No. of tabs: 1 x 6.
Available in 57mg and 227mg variations.