CleanEar contains malic acid 2,25%, benzoic acid 0,15%, salicylic acid 0,0375%, docusate sodium 2% in a propylene glycol base. The organic acids gently lower the pH of the ear canal.
The low pH produced by these acids causes a slight swelling of the ear tissues. Because necrotic
tissue swells at a faster rate than healthy tissue, it separates quite easily from healthy tissue. The
dead tissue sloughs off and the healthy underlying tissue remains undamaged, providing a good
environment for healing. The low pH also discourages bacterial, yeast and fungal growth.
CleanEar also contains docusate sodium and propylene glycol. These two substances allow the
- remain in contact with ear tissue for longer;
- act as a solvent for excess grease and cerumen;
- dry out the ear canal;
- exert a mild antibacterial and antifungal action; and
- ease the removal of dead tissue, scales and other debris.
- Removal of crusts, excess wax, exudate and other debris from canine and feline ears.
- Removal of excess purulent discharge in cases of otitis externa, allowing better penetration of antibacterial ingredients.
- Removal of ear debris following ear-mite infestations to allow better penetration of miticides.
- Can be used in ears of dogs that like to swim.
- Preparation of the ear for other therapy.
Directions for use
Instil 5-10 drops twice daily in the affected ear. Massage ears gently to assist break-up of debris.
Use a cotton bud to remove debris.
30ml, 100ml dropper bottles
Store at room temperature.
G3446 Act 36/1947